Since Queen Victoria started the "new" trend to wear white on her wedding day in 1842, not much has changed. The white "color" of the gown represented the purity, light, goodness and innocence.
But for those who want to try a different look and add some color to it, here is some inspiration for gorgeous and beautifully colored dresses.
Try apricot, very colorful but not too far away from white in the color palette.
Island Bridal Collection
I love Vera Wang!
Vera Wang Extravaganza
Wow, this is really pink!
Stella De Libero
The one in the middle is so beautiful!
This one is very yellow, I like!
In case, you can't decide which color to choose:)
Last but not least, one of my favorites (unfortunately I couldn't find out who designed this dress).
This spring inspired flower garden party idea might also be called an Easter inspired party, because I'm sure that's what you will be thinking looking at these pictures. I really love the adorable pastel-colored candy station with lots of berries and blossom branches. You actually don't need many flowers to make it look all flowery, just make sure to mix different colors and use fun icings and you're good to go!
Special tip: chocolate and berries go perfect together, colorwise and tastewise:)
Sierra Studios Photography
Desserts: Ms. Sweet Soirée, Cukor Cookies, The Party Fairy
Banner Boutique: Lindsay Banner planned this party for her daughter
The TomKat Studio: personalized paper details
(found on blog.hwtm.com)
During your wedding celebration the photographer will borrow your rings to take some photos of them. It might be on a flower or a branch. Here are some fun alternatives.
This is really fun!
For the golfing groom (or couple)......
This is so adorable.
For the King and Queen.....
For the foodie couple.....
This is such a creative idea for a sport themed Bar Mitzvah, in a very elegant kind of way (I found these pictures on mindyweissblog.com).
Mark from Mark’s Garden incorporated the basketballs beautifully into the centerpieces without making it look too sporty. The combination of the yellow, green, purple and black colors as well as adding orchids and rose leaves is different from the usual, but that's what makes it special and perfect for this occasion.
Brandon Peterson from Peterson Lighting took care of the gobo projectors and did a great job with that. Check out the pics:
Everyone knows the old saying that „something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue“ are the most common fortuitous tokens for a wedding. Just in case, someone (like me:) didn't know the exact meaning behind it, here it is. (source: inframe bride, Michigan 2011-2012)
I also attached some pictures (found on weddinginspirasi.com) of wedding dresses inspired by different decades
Something old: To signify the bride's connection with her family and the past, and continuity with her newly formed family.
Something new: A representation of optimism for the newlyweds, a gift to remind them to approach their new life together in hope.
Something borrowed: A demonstration of community living. Typically borrowed from a happily married woman, this trinket symbolizes the importance of relying on friends and family.
Something blue: Denotes a healthy union overflowing with faithfulness and loyalty.
And a silver sixpence in her shoe:) Brings good fortune and financial prosperity to the marriage.
With March Madness going on right now, here is some inspiration for a basketball themed party.
I love these!
In case you're still looking for the right words for your vows, here's some inspiration. In case your not working on your vows right now, just enjoy:)
1. "It seems right now that all I've ever done in my life is making my way here to you." The Bridges of Madison County
2. "I will love you my whole life. You and no other." Braveheart
3. "The best love is the kind that weakens the soul, that makes us reach for more, that plants fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. That's what you've given me. That's what I hope to give to you forever." The Notebook
4. "I love that you get cold when it's seventy-one degrees out. I love that it takes you an hour and a half to order a sandwich. I love that you get a little crinkle in your nose when you're looking at me like I'm nuts. I love that after I spend the day with you, I can still smell your perfume on my clothes. And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night." When Harry Met Sally
5. "I love you. You complete me."Jerry Maguire
6. "I guarantee there'll be tough times. I guarantee that at some time, one or both of us is gonna want to get out of this thing. But I also guarantee that if I don't ask you to be mine, I'll regret it for the rest of my life, because I know, in my heart, you're the only one for me." Runaway Bride
7. "You make me want to be a better man." As Good As It Gets
8. "I love you. Very simple, very truly. You're the epitome of every attribute and quality I've ever looked for in another person... I can't stand next to you without wanting to hold you. I can't look into your eyes without feeling that longing you only read about in trashy romance novels. I can't talk to you without wanting to express my love for everything you are... I've never felt this before, and I like who I am because of it... There isn't another soul on this... planet who's ever made me half the person I am when I'm with you... I'm forever changed because of who you are and what you've meant to me." Chasing Amy
9. "I will love you." Sex And The City: The Movie
10. "I am just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her." Notting Hill
11. "Poets often describe love as an emotion that we can't control, one that overwhelms logic and common sense. That's what it's like for me. I didn't plan on falling in love with you, and I doubt that you planned on falling in love with me. But once we met, it was clear that neither of us could control what was happening to us. We fell in love, despite our differences, and once we did, something rare and beautiful was created. For me, love like that has happened only once, and that's why every minute we spent together has been seared in my memory. I'll never forget a single moment of it." The Notebook
With St. Patrick's Day coming up on Saturday I thought I would share a little green inspiration.
The little bags of kisses would make great favors for a wedding or party and they would be super easy to make.
The perfect cake for a St. Patrick's Day wedding or party......
Guinness macaroons? I'm not sure about these, but they sure do go along with St. Patrick's day.
Cute shamrock cookies.....
It wouldn't be a St. Patrick's Day celebration without a cocktail. Skip the green beer and go for something yummy :)
Have a safe and happy St. Patrick's Day!!!
Not wearing my winter jacket yesterday I decided to share some ideas for fresh and springy green ideas for a wedding with you. Green is such a diverse color, you can mix lots of different colors with it, like pink or beige (my favorites). And check out the shoes!